Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Senior swim wrapping up!

So last week, I went to Lily's last high school swim meet that I would be able to attend.  It was so bittersweet!  It's crazy to think that we have been watching her swim competitively since she was 4 or 5 years old and now at least for us, it's over.  It's been a joy to watch her.  I wanted to express how much I have enjoyed watching her swim the last 13 years and so I sent her a heartfelt text, sharing my thoughts...however I can't spell....and it ended up looking like this:  It's hard to believe that tonight will be the last night you swim competently.  I hope you enjoy your time with your friends and your races.  You've given me so many years of joy watching and cheering for you!  Love you!  Of course, I meant to write competitively not competently!  I'm sure this will be the new family joke!  

LHS Swim and Dive Team

Senior night for the high swim team was fun, but I don't think Lily wanted to stand out too much!

Lily Senior Banner (hung in Gymnasium)

                                                                                   
Class of 2024 Swim Seniors
                                                                                   
Senior Posters

Lily and her friend Sam with Head Coach Hawkins

Senior night flowers with the family
                                                                                      
Lily's senior poster

She has had some great swims, coming in first in her heats and setting some personal records!



Representing LHS on meet day!



Soccer season has been a little frustrating lately.  The coaches have been very disciplinarian with the team for their attendance and interactions off the field, and Lily who for the most part attends practice unless she has swim and does not participate in the off-field interactions is feeling scolded when she hasn't done anything wrong.  I am hoping the Spring season will be better.
Lastly a little sunshine with Pop-Pop celebrating his 82nd trip around the sun!







No comments: